About Me

Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
I was born in Boston Massachusetts on September 30, 1976. My family and I moved to Norwalk Connecticut when I was three years old. I have always had a love for art, ever since I was a little girl and come from a family of artists. Any time I had the opportunity to get messy whether it was cutting and pasting or just painting at the easel, I always found myself being drawn to various types of art mediums. This was another way for me to express myself as a child and now as an adult. Art has always been a great outlet for me especially after my car accident November 3, 2008. I needed something to take my mind off the constant pain as well as to help myself channel the various emotions that I was feeling at the time. Creating art through self expression allowed me to do that. I took three art classes at Norwalk Community College. My original background was in Early Childhood Education,which I have incorporated into my work as an artist. I am emerging in this field every day. As I continue to dabble in the arts, my future plans are to take different art classes in order to develop my skills as an artist. This is not only my passion it is a part of who I am as an individual.

Inspire, Create, Teach, Listen, & Learn.... 2/9/12

Today was a day of hope, inspiration, admiration, as well as moving forward into a journey of a life time. I have been creating art for a while now and find that it relaxes my mind in ways that I have been unable to achieve in years past. An outlet so to speak. Art does not have to be complex, it can be as simple as a scribble onto a piece of paper. Well, that is just the beginning. Self expression, comes in many forms, shapes and colors. It really all depends on the individual as well as their mood. Maybe you get up feeling tired so you decide to create an art design that represents that mood.

In the end everyone is going to view that art design in various ways. All of which is so fascinating to me. A rebel without a cause, maybe, or maybe not. You can articulate in ways that everyone can understand in some form or another. You do not even have to speak. The canvas, brush, and paint do all of the talking for you. That is something that I will never give up as long as I have breath in my body. My passion is my art, my art is my life, my life is PRICELESS.

Sprituality is another avenue that I have traveled upon. It is something that I believe in as well as use within my artwork. I do not always have the answers to various questions or can even remotely explain something that appears to be so complex to me. Writing is another avenue that I have been so grateful to have had the opportunity to express. I would have to say it fits right in there with the art work for me personally.

I will continue to work hard and do the very best to persue those hopes and dreams that lie within me. Never giving up even when there may be times that I want to, out of pure exhaustion. I know in my heart and soul that I cannot. I must move forward with this gift and share it with many. Whether that is through my Town, State or Worldwide. I live and breath art and for that I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment